Dr Llyn Powell heads up the group with able assistance from Dr Roger Bay and Dr Mark McGinley. Special interests within the team include Reproduction, Lameness and Dentistry. Clinic receptionists Laurie Arnold and Emily Gray are personally involved with horses of their own and are trained to either deal with the basic equine FAQ’s or refer you to a veterinarian for more complicated matters.
Our latest addition to the Town & Country Vet Team in 2015 is Warren 'Mitch' Mitchell. He has 20 years of veterinary experience, the last 13 of which have been in equine practices. He has also passed his Australian college membership examinations in equine medicine. He has extensive experience in equine reproduction, lameness, medicine and dentistry.
Our vets are very aware of the need to provide good equine health information to owners and to this end produce a periodic Equine Newsletter.
- Broodmare Management – both natural & artificial breeding.
- Dentistry - Routine and Corrective
- Lameness – in depth work-up including nerve blocks
- Diagnostic X-rays
- Tendon & Soft Tissue Scanning
- Pre-purchase exams
- Health Management Programs and Products
- Vaccination Programs & Worm Control Advice
- Information About Animal Health
In 2008 we opened our horse facility in Patons Road, Richmond to make horse examinations more efficient, and easier for the client. For more information visit the Beacon Hill Equine Clinic page.
Please contact us if you would like to know more.